Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Limitless


Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance, and the very ends of the earth as Your possession.  Psalm 2: 8

     I have heard this verse used in many different ways, but just want to focus on the ask part and the sheer fact that God's resources and abilities are far beyond our human capacities.  I think I sometimes forget that He is not human, He is God.  He is not limited by the things that limit us.  LIMITLESS!  That is something that I know in my brain, but often forget in my heart. 
     I have been learning not to put Him in that human shell of limitations and to remember that He is God and therefore capable of sooooooo much more!  Then, after reminding myself of that once again, I have to remind myself that all I have to do is ask. 
     I am human.  And boy do I need help from my Daddy God, a lot!  I do not have it all together.  I fail others and myself.  I mess up.  I speak when I should remain silent, and sometimes even remain silent when I should speak up. 
     He is always right there with me, just waiting for me to remember to ask Him for help so that He can in turn release His angels and power to assist in whatever the issue or problem or need is.  Always! 
     He never answers back that He can't do it.  Because NOTHING is impossible with God. 
     He never tells me to come back later because He is too busy to talk to me.  He is always available to me.
    He never has technological issues that prevent Him from helping.  He is not limited by the things that we are limited by. 
     I cannot have too high of expectations for my relationship with Him, because my human brain cannot fully comprehend how much He wants our relationship and all the potential He knows our relationship has.  I often forget, and have to be reminded, that He delights in His children, and that that includes me!  That He wants to talk WITH me, and that He is more than willing to listen.  He doesn't even mind when I talk out loud merely for the sake of thinking things through.  He doesn't get frustrated when I mess up the same way I already have.  He just greets me with open arms, wraps me up in them, and helps me have the courage to try again. 
     He is getting me excited for what life can be like WITH Him at the wheel.  There is no other relationship that compares to the one we can have with our God.  No human relationship can come anywhere close to the fulfillment we find in Him.  And I am beginning to believe that the only way for me to truly reach my potential, is by Him being in charge and directing me, and writing my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment