Saturday, January 7, 2012

Psalm 5:11-12

But let all who take refuge in You be glad, let them ever sing for joy; and may You shelter them, that those who love Your name may exult in You.  For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O Lord.  You surround him with favor as with a shield.  Psalm 5:11-12

The book of Psalm can be so much to so many people.  It is a very versatile book.  I think because it is so full of true emotion.  Nothing seems to be held back.  When you are happy, you can find many psalms that encourage, uplift, are full of thanksgiving and cheer.  When you are struggling, there are many psalms that speak of struggles and God's power, and who God is for you in your time of need.  When you are angry and struggling to control the rage, there are psalms for that as well.  But I think the reason I return to this book, all 150 chapters of it, is because it is so full of who God is to me, in the middle of ALL my times.  No matter what my emotion is, there are promises of truth that I can cling to or celebrate with.  I think it is my all-time go-to-book!
There is so much comfort right here in today's two verses!  Refuge, joy, shelter, love, blessing, favor, shield.  What an amazing God we serve!!!  He truly has provided all that we need, in Himself.  There is no need to search high and low for it.  It is all available in a relationship with Him!  And there for us to read, and reread, in His Word.  He is our refuge.  All joy is found in Him, true joy!  He is our shelter and our shield.  He will never, ever stop loving us, or blessing us, or showing us His favor.  He is the One and only True God!  And never stops accepting people as His children! 

No comments:

Post a Comment