Thursday, January 5, 2012

Psalm 3:3-6

But You, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the One who lifts my head.  I was crying to the Lord with my voice, and He answered me from His holy mountain.  I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the Lord sustains me.  I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about.  Psalm 3:3-6

     What makes you quake in your boots?  Or sends a shiver down your spine at the mere thought of it?  What can you let go of, by putting it into the all-capable hands of God the Father? 
     He is your shield...your greatest weapon in every life battle you will ever face.  You don't ever have to face a single thing by yourself.  He is always right there with you.  He is your glory.  His glory shines through you, and as you focus on Him, His glory reflects on you. 
     Every single time that you cry out to Him, He hears AND He answers!!!  There is not a single thought, cry, even attitude, that misses His notice.  He sees and hears every single one.  And when we ask, He always answers.  Not always as we think He should, but as He knows is best for us (individually).
     He knows every time we lay down and sleep, every time that we lay down and attempt to sleep but our brains won't stop running long enough for us to drift off, and every second that we missed of sleep so we could keep going with whatever else was preoccupying us.  He is aware of it all.  He knows every single detail, because He wants to...He wants to be involved with us, in our lives...and because He is God.  Each morning that we wake up, and start a new day, is a gift from God.  He doesn't have to keep allowing us to have fresh starts, but He does.  Each new day is a privilege from our Father who loves us deeper than we can grasp.
     What we do with the time He gives us is completely up to us.  We can literally waste time in fear.  And I call it a waste, because there are so many moments that there was so many better things that I could have been doing with my time, rather than letting my brain wonder about "what ifs" and "how do I's" and "I can't do this, I am scared".  Instead of focusing on Him, and the immense power that lies within Him to control everything if I just let Him, I was living scared.  That's not how He wants His beloved children to live.  He has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of sound mind! He doesn't want us to be slaves to fear, but to be free in Him...freed up by handing it over to Him and leaving it in His hands, and going on to do the things that He wants of us.
    So, again, I ask you...what fear is holding you back?  What can you relinquish to Him so that you are freed to move forward to your God-given potential?

No comments:

Post a Comment