Sunday, July 24, 2011

Choose your attitude

Be happy [in your faith] and rejoice and be glad-hearted continually (always); Be unceasing in prayer [praying perseveringly]; Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I'm sure you are thinking, "it's not easy to be happy and rejoice in everything at all times".  Sometimes what life throws at us is not easy to be thankful for.  But if you have been around me any time lately, you know that it has made a world of difference for me...to find something, at ALL times, to be thankful for.  There is always something.  We just have to be looking.

My prayer for you today is that you would see that your happiness is truly up to you; that you have the choice to see the good in things or choose a good attitude no matter what is happening around you.  I pray that you would be glad-hearted and spread that contagiously around you.  I pray that you would never cease to pray in all things.  But most of all, I pray that you would train your heart to be thankful and to actively be seeking out the things that you have in your life that you can be thankful for.  I pray that God would bless you as you choose to thank Him in all circumstances.  This is my prayer for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment