Sunday, June 5, 2011

Favor of God and man


You have granted me life and favor, and Your providence has preserved my spirit.  Job 10:12

For You, Lord, will bless the [uncompromisingly] righteous [him who is upright and in right standing with You]; as with a shield You will surround him with goodwill (pleasure and favor).  Psalm 5:12

By Your favor, O Lord, You have established me as a strong mountain  Psalm 30:7a

So shall you find favor, good understanding, and high esteem in the sight [or judgment] of God and man.  Proverbs 3:4

A good man obtains favor from the Lord... Proverbs 12:2

But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness.  Therefore I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!  2 Corinthians 12:9

He did this that He might clearly demonstrate through the ages to come the immeasurable (limitless, surpassing) riches of His free grace (His unmerited favor) in [His] kindness and goodness of heart toward us in Christ Jesus.  Ephesians 2:7


This has been one of my most frequent prayers for you.  That you would find favor with God most of all, but also that He would give you favor with your boss, your co-workers, your clients, your family and your friends.  That people would seek you out to help them with their projects and lives.  That people would be able to see what an asset and friend you are and would want you on their side.
written 5-31-11

No comments:

Post a Comment