Saturday, June 25, 2011

True Strength

For by You I can run through a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall.  As for God, His way is perfect!  The word of the Lord is tested and tried; He is a shield to all those who take refuge and put their trust in Him.  For who is God except the Lord?  Or who is the Rock save our God.  The God who girds me with strength and makes my way perfect?  He makes my feet like hinds' feet [able to stand firmly or make progress on the dangerous heights of testing and trouble]; He sets me securely upon my high places.  He teaches my hands to war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.  You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, and Your right hand has held me up; Your gentleness and condescension have made me great.  You have given plenty of room for my steps under me, that my feet would not slip.  ...For you have girded me with strength for battle; You have subdued under me and caused to bow down those who rose up against me.  Psalm 18:29-36, 39

Today my prayer for you (and me!) is that God would strengthen you in all you do and be your Right Guard.  That no matter how hard the situation feels or how much it threatens your sense of security (praying this for me too!) that you would keep trusting and keeping knowing without a doubt that this is not a wasted experience...that He has a plan for this and will use it to help you and others down the road.  I pray that You would know, in your life, that He is God and that He is moving and living in you.  That you would know, even in the stuff you don't understand or see the purpose in, that His way is perfect and His word is living and active.  That you would know that your God, and mine, is tried, tested and true.  Everything that He has ever said WILL come true...all His promises are there for you and me to count on and hold onto.  I pray that you would make Him your Shield and take refuge in Him and fully trust Him.  That you would know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He makes you stand firm and make progress in times of testing and trouble.  That He is what allows you to defeat and move past the things that satan throws in your path.  That you would know the strength He provides for you and walk confidently in that strength.  This is my prayer for you (and me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment