Friday, June 24, 2011

His sheep

For thus says the Lord God:  Behold, I Myself, will search for My sheep and will seek them out.  As a shepherd seeks out his sheep in the day that he is among his flock that are scattered, so will I seek out My sheep; and I will rescue them out of all places where they have been scattered in the day of clouds and thick darkness.  And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries and will bring them to their own land; and I will feed them upon the mountains of Israel, by the water-courses, and in all the inhabited places of the country.  I will feed them with good pasture, ...I will feed My sheep and I will cause them to lie down, says the Lord God.  I will seek that which was lost and bring back that which has strayed, and I will bandage the hurt and the crippled and will strengthen the weak and the sick, but I will destroy the fat and the strong [who have become hardhearted and perverse]; I will feed them with judgement and punishment.  Ezekiel 34:11-14a, 15-16

Today my prayer for you is that you would hear the Shepherd's voice.  That you would know His presence in your life and that when you have wandered off the path that you would listen for His voice and walk back in that direction.  That you wouldn't give up when things are hard and everything seems stacked against you or beyond your control.  That you would allow Him to provide you good pasture and rest.  That you would come to Him for healing and bandaging from all your wounds, allowing Him to heal you from the inside out.  I pray that you will never let life knock you out, but that you would instead embrace the gifts that each day brings and the growth that each challenge brings.  Don't run away from life.  View it as a gift and a treasure and see what you can learn from it and share with others.  I pray that you wouldn't be eaten alive by bitterness or the "need" to get even but that you, instead, would give all of that to God who tells us that vengeance, judgement and punishment is His.  Run to Him.  Allow Him to gather you in His arms and give you strength to face all that He asks of you.  This is my prayer for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment