Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hope

But this I recall and therefore have I hope and expectation:  It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not.  They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness.  The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore I will hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him.  The Lord is good to those who wait hopefully and expectantly for Him, to those who seek Him [inquire of and for Him and require Him by right of necessity and on the authority of God's word].  It is good that one should hope in and wait quietly for the salvation (the safety and ease) of the Lord.  It is good for a man that he should bear the yoke [of divine disciplinary dealings] in his youth.  Let him sit alone uncomplaining and keep silent [in hope], because [God] has laid [the yoke] upon him [for his benefit].  Lamentations 3:21-28

My prayer this afternoon is that we will not lose sight of the hope that is found in God alone.  No matter what.  Even if everything you thought you knew turns out to not be true.  Even if everything turns upside down.  Even if a tornado rips through 1/3 of the town you live in.  No matter what can happen here on earth, I pray that you turn your face heavenward and live in His hope.  Never giving up.  Never allowing yourself to crawl in a hole and cease to exist.  Always moving forward...towards whatever it is that God provides you, each second you most need it, to hope in.  Continue to allow His hope to sink in to the deepest most hurting spots and to turn in to healing and hoping in Him.  This is my prayer for you and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment